$299.99 – Sold Out
Featuring the same great features as the regular size Method 2, the XL was designed first and foremost for comfort and with larger individuals in mind.
The Method 2 XL saddle renders our industry leading two-panel saddle technology more efficient, streamline, and comfortable than ever before. Inspired by the need to eliminate the choice between streamline or comfortable saddle options, the Method 2 saddle is ultra-compact while navigating the timber, yet more supportive in the tree than traditional designs. The Method 2 adapts to your personal hunting style from the moment you step out of your vehicle, minimizing bulk when you need to move fast and optimizing comfort during an all-day sit....because both are necessary for consistent year over year success.
Features and Specs:
- Two Panel Flexibility – Our patent-pending design provides a streamline profile with the most customizable and supportive comfort system available. The Method saddle has the smallest profile on the market while hiking, at a minuscule 9 inches you will hardly even notice it’s there. However, infinite adjustability once in the tree makes for extreme comfort in any position.
- Dynamic Weight Distribution – The Method saddle allows you to optimize support where your body type needs it most by manipulating how weight is distributed between the top and bottom panels along with their location. Our circular bridge loops work in unison with the adjustable bridge to allow for quick on the fly adjustments but will stay put once adjusted. The results are less fidgeting, enhanced lower back support, and elimination of the all-too-common hip pinch dilemma.
- Quick Connect Panel System – To experience the full benefits of a two-panel saddle, it must operate in a compact fashion while on the ground but then seamlessly deploy once at height…enter our patent pending Quick Connect system. By leveraging strategically located rare earth magnets, the lower panel of the Method saddle can be both deployed and reattached with eyes closed in less than a second…yes you read that correctly. No fiddling with clips or adjustment straps at the end of the night, simply raise your lower panel towards your waistline and it will quietly “jump” into its proper location, firmly affixed to your top panel. And don’t worry about durability, not only have we subject this system to hundreds of hours of field testing, but we’ve also coated our magnets with the same epoxy used inside industrial grade windmills. This ensures they will retain their strength and remain weather and waterproof for 10+ years. A lot of fancy words to say, “it just works.”
- Metal Free Construction – The first saddle with metal free construction, we replaced the traditional waist belt with our Patent Pending rope belt design. Built from Oplux, and using a load rated adjustable climbing knot, our rope belt is superior to any standard buckle-based saddle design on the market. Reduced weight, deadly silence, infinite adjustment, and an improvement in comfort while hiking are all immediately apparent the first time using a Method saddle. Quit worrying about a metal buckle making unwanted noise or if the waist belt on a saddle will fit your waist size. Stop allowing your waist belt to slowly work itself loose while hiking, ultimately causing your saddle to slide down from the weight of your dump pouches. Our rope belt tightens into place and does not budge.
- Free Floating Belt - Not only is the belt metal free, but the Patent Pending design is built into a channel within the structure of the saddle so that you can place the knot and saddle wherever you prefer to optimize comfort while hiking.
- Fade Loops – There when you need them and gone when you don’t. Our patent-pending lineman belt loop design provides a large, ergonomic, and rigid loop when the two panels are connected but disappears after tethering into the tree and deploying the lower saddle panel. Built from 4000lb webbing and reinforce for abrasion resistance with military grade 1000D cordura fabric, you will have peace of mind while ascending and descending any tree.
- Contoured Vertical Support Skeleton (VSS) – From the very beginning, we added vertical rigidity to the structure of the Method saddle to prevent fabric bunching and provide better overall weight distribution. We have expanded on this concept by angling this structural element to follow your body’s natural contours while in a tree. The result is additional comfort that exhibits characteristics closer to a supportive seat more often found on a premium tree stand than in a saddle.
- Removable Leg Straps – While they are an important safety item in the tree, leg straps are a pain when your busting brush or navigating a swamp for several miles in the dark. Our patent-pending removable leg straps can be tucked away in a pouch while hiking and then attached with a snap at the base of the tree before climbing. Our customized G-hook has been redesigned in 2021 allowing for much easier removal than the first generation, however, they still cannot voluntarily unhook when you least expect it.
- Adjustable Bridge – Our adjustable bridge is now built from Amsteel, one of the strongest Dyneema ropes on the planet AND it’s Made in the USA. Lighter and more compact than Oplux, the Method saddle bridge offers 35 inches of adjustability so fine-tuning comfort is a breeze.
- Optional two-panel straps – You asked, and we listened. If you prefer a two-panel saddle once in the tree but want to lock in the distance between panels while one-stick climbing, we have you covered. Dedicated attachment points are now available to do so with our Two-Panel Straps.